The Taste of Chicago, Chicago’s largest outdoor food festival, kicks off today and runs through Sunday, July 13th.
Tips for the Taste
- Eat a light breakfast.
- Check the weather before you leave the house (Tom Skilling is the man!)
- Take public transportation (RTA Trip Planner)
- When you enter the festival, all containers and bags are subject to search so travel light.
- Check the schedule for special pop-up restaurants, food trucks, and music the day of your visit.
- If you are driving or biking, parking is available nearby. Be sure to make a plan.
- When you get to the festival, you will be surrounded by savory smells. It is easy for your eyes to quickly become bigger than your stomach. The next thing you know, your stomach will be full and your hands will be too-with extra tickets! Instead plan to make a second trip to the ticket counter rather than buying tickets you might never use.
- Avoid getting stuffed – literally and physically. Our deep dish pizza trumps stuffed pizza any day (just ask Steve Harvey). But no matter what you’re eating, pace yourself and accept that there is no way you are trying everything!
- Heading down with the whole family? Stop by the Taste’s Kidz Zone to keep your little ones entertained.
- Visit Booth #21 for a slice of our famous deep dish. We are one of the few vendors who cook their products fresh on site!