The unofficial end to summer has come and gone, and for most that means back to school or back to business.
So in an effort to lift our spirits, here are a few fall related things to look forward to:
- Bears Home Opener - Kickoff the season September 8th at Soldier Field. Bear Down. Need we say more?
- Chicago Gourmet, September 27-29, 2013 in Millennium Park
Presented by Bon Appétit, Chicago Gourmet is a celebration of food and wine that showcases more than Chicago’s finest restaurants and chefs, as well as hundreds of renowned vintners, spirit makers, and premium breweries from around the world. Guests enjoy live cooking demonstrations, expert seminars, gourmet tastings, and book signings by internationally renowned chefs, master sommeliers, and winemakers.
- BMW Championship - Don’t miss the rare opportunity to see the world’s best golfers up close and personal when they come to local golf club Conway Farms September 9, 2013 – September 15, 2013 for the BMW Championship.
- Chicago Marathon, Sunday October 13th
You don’t have to be a runner to appreciate the magnitude of the Chicago Marathon. Over 1 million spectators line the streets to cheer on world class runners to first time marathoners. The race concludes in Grant Park, but the best views are found along the race route in any one of the 29 neighborhoods the racers pass through.
- Start a Fall Tradition - While it may sound downright corny, nothing screams fall more than a trip to the apple orchard or pumpkin patch. Not far outside of the city there are several options to pick your own apples or pumpkins and enjoy some rural scenery. Try Abby Farms in Aurora for pumpkins or All Seasons Orchards for apple picking, both will deliver a picturesque setting for a fun outing.