General Purpose of Position: Assists Lead Interior Designer in carrying out responsibilities for formulating the design aesthetic of each Lou Malnati’s location both inside and out.
- Collaborate with Lead Interior Designer on remodel/renovation projects of existing locations as well as new restaurant construction projects, which includes developing design and scope, selecting materials, purchasing furniture and lighting, attending meetings with owner, architect, general contractors, project manager and team, etc.
- Travel to restaurant locations to assist in or oversee installations with Lead Interior Designer.
- Purchase long-lasting, tasteful holiday decorations for each location and distribute holiday decorations to each location – holidays include Valentine’s Day, St. Patrick’s Day, Independence Day, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas.
- Coordinate and supervise installation of plantings during fall and spring season.
- Collaborate with Lead Interior Designer to plan design for Lou Malnati’s Annual Cancer Benefit.
- Schedule meetings with design vendors and organize design library.
- Any other responsibilities as may be assigned.
Essential Skills and Abilities:
- Artistic and creative talent and ability.
- Organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to conceptualize and draft new designs for store interiors, and communicate them with architects.
- Familiarity with building materials such as woods, textiles and design products.
- Ability to read construction documents.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers and vendors.
- Ability to work with multiple teams to get results.
- Commitment to Company values.
- Ability to speak, read, and write in English.
- Ability to work varied hours to oversee installation of materials. Ability to work extra days or hours when circumstances require.
- Ability to be part of creating a safe, fun, efficient, positive team oriented environment.
Physical Demands and Requirements:
- Must have access to a car to travel to restaurant locations.
- Ability to freely access all areas of the restaurant/carry out stores including but not limited to dining room, kitchen, bar, office, phone area, delivery area and stock area.
- Ability to stand, reach, bend, kneel, stoop, climb and move about the facility; manual dexterity.
- Ability to move or handle goods throughout the location generally weighing 0-80 pounds.
Education and/or Training:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Interior Design.
- 1-2 years of work experience within an interior or architectural firm or within the design or construction industry.
- Proficiency in CAD.
- Required to read and write English, follow and assign verbal and written instructions and use math.
- General safety.
At Lou Malnati’s, you will be part of a family-owned and operated business that is a Chicago tradition and staple in the community. We are committed to the growth of our employees and our business.
Other benefits of the role include:
•Insurance -medical, dental, prescription drug, vision, life, accident, STD, LTD, AD&D & FSA to exempt and non-exempt employees who work 37 or more hours
•Domestic Partner Benefits
•401(k) with generous match
•Annual vacation check paid to eligible full-time hourly non-exempt employees
•Full-time non-exempt employees receive Holiday Pay
•Family culture and fun work environment!
Rate: Competitive pay commensurate with experience and market