Dear Loyal Customers:
Maybe you have heard some whispers about Lou Malnati’s partnering with a new investor. Well, it’s true, and I want to assure you that our deep dish pizza – the one that you love and crave – will continue to be just what you expect. We, along with our new partner, are committed to keeping the same dedication to excellence in every step of the pizza, so every bite is as mouthwatering as you have always known it to be.
It is business as usual for us, so your pizzas will continue to be served with the same hospitality and authentic Chicago-style experience as it has been over the past 46 years by the same caring and dedicated team members you see week in and week out. And, whether you like it or not, I’m not going anywhere either! I plan to remain an active owner and will work alongside our management team and employees as I have always done, fully involved in this business that I am so passionate about.
This is an exciting time for Lou Malnati’s, as I made the decision to partner with this investor, BDT Capital, so that our company can focus on growth, both with our people and our business. After all, we would like to share Chicago’s legendary pizza with others across the country. It’s only fair that we do! But we promise that we will grow slowly, like the time it takes to cook a deep-dish pizza perfectly, maintaining our consistency and quality. This is part of a growth strategy, not a cost-cutting measure.
I look forward to seeing you in one of our pizzerias soon. Feel free to reach out to email@example.com if you have questions or concerns.
Owner, Lou Malnati’s Pizzeria
Questions? Please contact us. We would love to address any of your questions or concerns!
We take pride in providing a family culture for all of our employees, so this announcement was just as important for our team as it was for our customers. Read Marc Malnati’s letter to the entire Lou Malnati’s team announcing this news here.
The Bears kick off their season at noon, and that’s prime time for lunch, so your game day spread has got to be on point. But don’t worry, because Lou Malnati’s has your back!
Check out our Five Things You Need to Be Eating During the Big Game for tips on creating the ultimate game day spread.
1. Lou Malnati’s deep dish pizza. Chicago football and Chicago’s best deep dish pizza go hand in hand… you gotta go for it! (and get the Buttercrust. Always get the Buttercrust.)
2. Chicken wings. As one of the most iconic game day finger foods, wings are a must-have appetizer. Pro tip: Try the “BuffaLou” wings, with a little kick!
3. Three-cheese bread. We’re talkin’ giant French bread with three cheeses, a touch of garlic, and marinara sauce for dipping. Pull it apart, pass it around, everyone is happy.
4. Italian beef. A Chicago-style spread is never complete without the beef! Ours is made with flavorful, tender beef, topped with sweet peppers or spicy hot giardiniera. Yum!
5. Malnati Salad. We know…you’re thinking “I don’t eat salad while I’m watching football.” And you’re right, but this isn’t your typical salad. Loaded with Romaine lettuce, bruschetta tomatoes, black olives, mushrooms, crispy Volpi salami bits, gorgonzola and Romano cheeses, and topped with our signature Sweet Vinaigrette, this salad is anything but ordinary.
Pro tip: Not sure how much food you’re going to need? Contact our Catering Crew to set up your game day order, and we’ll take care of it all! (847) 562-1918
Fun fact: Monday, September 5th also happens to be National Cheese Pizza Day…if you needed another reason to eat pizza on Labor Day, there you have it!
We hope you enjoy the holiday weekend!
The first Deep Dish Dash was held in 2012, to celebrate the cancer survivors on staff at Lakewood Lou’s. One of those team members was Meagan Sunde, who lost her battle with cancer in November 2014. This year, to honor Meagan, to celebrate our involvement in the Lakewood community, and to raise money for the Family Health Partnership Clinic’s breast cancer fund, we brought the dash back!
Check out our photo album below for a recap of the day. If you participated in the race, you might even spot yourself running or walking!
This year’s benefit is just a few weeks away on Saturday, September 17th at The Meadows Club in Rolling Meadows. All proceeds from the event benefit:
With this year’s benefit, we will add to that total.
Donations to the Lou Malnati’s Cancer Research Fund can be made at any Lou Malnati’s pizzeria or online at www.lmcb.org. Sponsorships, raffle tickets, and tickets to the event are also available for purchase online.
All Chicagoland locations will open at 4pm on Sunday, August 14th so employees can enjoy our Annual Company Picnic with their families. We appreciate your understanding!
Every year, Lou Malnati’s team members from all of our locations get together to celebrate each other and the company we work for. Check out a recap video from our picnic a few years ago to see what we’re all about…
Looks like fun, right? Thinking about joining our team? Check out our open positions ›