Can you believe 2016 is coming to a close? We can’t either! That’s why we put together a list of a few of our fondest memories from the year, and one thing is for sure: 2016 was one for the books, folks!
Join us for a trip down 2016 memory lane with five of our fondest memories from the year…
#5 Our new locations…
We opened four new locations this year, including…
- New Lenox on February 15th.
- Old Irving/Six Corners on March 17th. Fun fact…March 17, 2016 was also the 45th anniversary of Lou Malnati’s Pizzeria and Old Irving/Six Corners is our 45th location! Coincidence? Nope, we planned it this way all along…
- We made Malnati history by opening our first out-of-state location in Phoenix on May 16th.
- We opened in Flossmoor on October 12th. This is the second time Malnati’s has opened in Flossmoor, but that’s a whole different story!
#4 “Best Deep Dish Pizza”
In 2016, thanks to votes from our deep dish devoted fans, Lou Malnati’s was named “best deep dish pizza” in quite a few places, including:
- The Chicago Tribune Dining Awards
- Reader’s Best of Chicago issue
- Make it Better Media’s Best of 2016
- 2016 Daily Herald Readers’ Choice poll
- We also competed in a few “Pizza Wars” put on by high schools in the communities we are a part of. The consensus: Lou’s deep dish is the best deep dish.
Thanks again to our loyal fans for voting for your favorite deep dish!
#3 We got an app!
We launched our app in April in conjunction with our NEW loyalty program. With this powerful pizza app, you have the ability to place your Lou Malnati’s orders and earn rewards to get FREE pizza, all in the same place!
If you haven’t downloaded our app already, get a move on! The Lou Malnati’s app is available in the Apple App Store for your iPhone, or in the Google Play Store for your Android device. Additionally, you can join our new loyalty program at thanx.com/loumalnatis.
#2 We gave back
Here at Lou Malnati’s, we have a tradition of generosity that goes back to Lou and Jean’s very first fundraising night in 1971 in honor of former Chicago Bear, Brian Piccolo. Continuing this tradition, in 2016…
- We hosted our 46th annual Lou Malnati’s Cancer Research Benefit where we raised over $280,000! To date, the Lou Malnati’s Cancer Research fund has raised millions of dollars in support of organizations that are dedicated to finding a cure for cancer, including the Northwestern Brain Tumor Institute, Lurie Children’s Hospital, and Gilda’s Club.
- We organized a 5K race, appropriately named the Deep Dish Dash, at our Lakewood location where we raised $9,000 to support the Family Health Partnership Clinic’s breast cancer fund, and honored Meagan Sunde, one of our team members who lost her battle with cancer.
- We gathered to assemble Thanksgiving food baskets at our Thanksgiving Basket Drive, where we packed over 1,200 baskets for families in need.
Head on over to our Community Blog to read more about how Lou Malnati’s is giving back to our community!
#1 The Chicago Cubs won the World Series!
Ask any Chicagoan to put together a list of their top 2016 moments and the Cubs will be at the top because THIS WAS THE YEAR!
We had a little fun at the expense of Antonio’s, a Cleveland pizzeria, with a friendly World Series wager. Check out the outcome below…
It truly was a good ‘ol fashioned Malnati saucing of epic proportions!
There you have it! You’re probably wondering, “What’s in store for Lou Malnati’s in 2017?”
We broke ground on what will be a full-service restaurant near Midway Airport. Construction is underway and we are on schedule for a spring 2017 opening! We’ll be opening a few more locations in the coming year, so stay tuned to find out where we’ll be going next. Besides that…