This year, on Saturday, November 19th, we filled over 1,200 baskets! Each basket includes everything needed to make a Thanksgiving feast, including turkey, canned fruits and vegetables, soups, cookies, and more. Hand-drawn cards, made by the kiddos in attendance, were also included in the baskets.
This event is not only a way for all of us to give thanks by giving back, but it’s really a hallmark of our tradition of generosity here at Lou Malnati’s.
Want to learn about more of the ways Lou Malnati’s is involved in our community? Head on over to our community page ›
Amidst the excitement of the Chicago Cubs’ celebratory World Series parade, Vincent from Antonio’s in Cleveland traveled to Chicago to pay up on his bet with Marc Malnati. And by pay up, we mean he got tomato sauce dumped on his head!
Of course, we had to capture this moment so it could live on in history. Check out the video below!
Shout out to Vincent from Antonio’s for being such a good sport, and an even BIGGER shout out to our very own Chicago Cubs for a great season. What a ride, what a team!
At Lou Malnati’s Flossmoor, we have been serving up deep dish pizza for a little over a week since our opening on October 12th, but Marc Malnati was officially welcomed back to the area at a formal ribbon cutting ceremony with Mayor Braun and Chamber of Commerce officials yesterday afternoon.
After the first Lou Malnati’s Pizzeria in Flossmoor closed in 1978, this opening is especially sweet for the Malnati family, because this time, deep dish is here to stay!
If you haven’t stopped by our newest carrout yet, the ribbon has been cut and we are officially open for business! Lou Malnati’s Flossmoor is located at 3315 Vollmer Road in the Flossmoor Commons Centre, offering carryout, delivery (within zone), and catering.
Nothing goes together quite like playoff baseball and Lou Malnati’s deep dish pizza! What are you eating tonight? Get game one on the North Side started off right with dinner from Lou’s! Continue Reading ›
The Bears kick off their season at noon, and that’s prime time for lunch, so your game day spread has got to be on point. But don’t worry, because Lou Malnati’s has your back!
Check out our Five Things You Need to Be Eating During the Big Game for tips on creating the ultimate game day spread.
1. Lou Malnati’s deep dish pizza. Chicago football and Chicago’s best deep dish pizza go hand in hand… you gotta go for it! (and get the Buttercrust. Always get the Buttercrust.)
2. Chicken wings. As one of the most iconic game day finger foods, wings are a must-have appetizer. Pro tip: Try the “BuffaLou” wings, with a little kick!
3. Three-cheese bread. We’re talkin’ giant French bread with three cheeses, a touch of garlic, and marinara sauce for dipping. Pull it apart, pass it around, everyone is happy.
4. Italian beef. A Chicago-style spread is never complete without the beef! Ours is made with flavorful, tender beef, topped with sweet peppers or spicy hot giardiniera. Yum!
5. Malnati Salad. We know…you’re thinking “I don’t eat salad while I’m watching football.” And you’re right, but this isn’t your typical salad. Loaded with Romaine lettuce, bruschetta tomatoes, black olives, mushrooms, crispy Volpi salami bits, gorgonzola and Romano cheeses, and topped with our signature Sweet Vinaigrette, this salad is anything but ordinary.
Pro tip: Not sure how much food you’re going to need? Contact our Catering Crew to set up your game day order, and we’ll take care of it all! (847) 562-1918
Chances are, if you’ve stopped by our first out-of-state pizzeria in Phoenix, you’ve seen Marc Malnati. He’s been there almost every day since we opened, talking to customers about their Malnati memories, our move to Phoenix, and most of all, our legendary deep dish pizza!
I want to take a minute to thank the nearly 10,000 people of the greater Phoenix area that have made the effort to visit us, for the warmest reception that we could ever imagine. Your willingness to drive 30-40 miles and then to wait in long lines before having your first meal at our new restaurant has absolutely blown us away!
Our biggest goal in opening our first store outside of Chicago is to become an inextricable part of this community, while continually bringing you the best pizza we know how to make. We hope that you have felt as welcomed by me and our team as we have by you!
And for those of you that have yet to stop over, we hope you will give us a chance to make your day sometime very soon.
If you’re planning to make your first (or second…or third…fourth?!) trip to our new Phoenix pizzeria, we are located at 100 E Camelback Road in the Uptown Plaza Shopping Center. Stop by anytime Sunday-Thursday 4-11pm, or Friday & Saturday 4pm-Midnight.