Lou Malnati’s was recently ranked ninth in the “Top 100 Places to Work in Chicago” by our employees. This is the fourth year in a row that Lou's has made the exclusive list and been among the top 10 large companies in Chicago. Our culture is critically important to us and we are looking for someone who wants to be a part of a company that is truly unique. We respect our team members and treat one another with dignity. We hold our standards high and encourage each other to grow as professionals, as well as people.
General Purpose of Position:Lead Interior Designer in carrying out responsibilities for formulating the design aesthetic of each Lou Malnati’s location both inside and out.
- Collaborate within the Facilities Department on remodel/renovation projects of existing locations as well as new restaurant construction projects, which includes developing design and scope, selecting materials, purchasing furniture and lighting, attending meetings with owner, architect, general contractors, project manager and team.
- Travel to restaurant locations to assist in or oversee installations with project teams.
- Manage holiday decoration procedures for each location and insure that the holiday decorations are done in accordance to set standards.
- Coordinate and supervise installation of plantings during fall and spring season.
- Schedule meetings with design vendors and organize design library.
- Any other responsibilities as may be assigned.
Essential Skills and Abilities:
- Artistic and creative talent and ability.
- Ability to work independently and in a team atmosphere.
- Organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to conceptualize and draft new designs for store interiors, and communicate them with architects.
- Familiarity with building materials such as woods, textiles and design products.
- Ability to read construction documents.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers and vendors.
- Ability to work with multiple teams to get results.
- Ability to work varied hours to oversee installation of materials. Ability to work extra days or hours when circumstances require.
- Ability to be part of creating a safe, fun, efficient, positive team oriented environment.
Physical Demands and Requirements:
- Must have access to a car to travel to restaurant locations.
- Ability to freely access all areas of the restaurant/carry out stores including but not limited to dining room, kitchen, bar, office, phone area, delivery area and stock area.
- Ability to stand, reach, bend, kneel, stoop, climb and move about the facility; manual dexterity.
- Ability to move or handle goods throughout the location generally weighing 0-80 pounds.
Education and/or Training:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Interior Design.
- 1-2 years of work experience within an interior or architectural firm or within the design or construction industry.
- Proficiency in CAD.
- Required to read and write English, follow and assign verbal and written instructions and use math.
- General safety.
At Lou Malnati’s, you will be part of a family-owned and operated business that is a Chicago tradition and staple in the community. We are committed to the growth of our employees and our business.
Other benefits of the role include:
•Insurance -medical, dental, prescription drug, vision, life, accident, STD, LTD, AD&D & FSA to exempt and non-exempt employees who work 37 or more hours
•Domestic Partner Benefits
•401(k) with generous match
•Annual vacation check paid to eligible full-time hourly non-exempt employees
•Full-time non-exempt employees receive Holiday Pay
•Family culture and fun work environment!
Rate: Competitive pay commensurate with experience and market