Right now is a fantastic time to join the Lou Malnati’s family! We are growing quickly and have many exciting initiatives underway to continue to make us a fantastic place to work. Our goal is to provide an atmosphere full of positive experiences and enriching learning opportunities. Our team is a group of people committed to excellence, striving to do their best. We hold our standards high and encourage each other to grow as professionals, as well as people.
The staff accountant will work with the entire finance team to further support and enhance our financial rigor for all stores as well as work directly with store managers on several store level initiatives. This role is located at our company headquarters in Northbrook, IL.
- Prepare period end journal entries and balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Audit daily sales and expense reporting from store locations.
- Prepare store level statements.
- Support store managers by assisting with daily work, cash deposits and credit card issues. Research and resolve variances.
- Preparation and analysis of store comparative statistics.
- Involvement and support of all facets of the accounting department and cycle (including accounts payable, accounts receivable, bookkeeping and bank reconciliations).
- Various other projects and tasks, as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance
- CPA or CPA candidate preferred, but not required
- Desire and aptitude to have fun at work
- Energetic, well organized, able to work easily at all levels of our company
- Willingness to grow professionally and personally and commitment to continuous learning
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and time-management skills.